Improving the smile’s appearance using fast and easy dental bonding
Cosmetic and restorative dentistry offers patients solutions to common imperfections and damage that can occur to the smile over time. At Wahlen Dentistry, Dr. Jennifer Wahlen and the team in Perry, Utah, educate patients on how they can address problems such as stained, broken, or gapped teeth. A popular choice for many of our patients is dental bonding. Dental bonding allows patients to fix common teeth imperfections near the front of the smile with a same-day treatment solution.
How does dental bonding work?
Dental bonding uses a composite resin customized in color to match a patient’s existing tooth enamel. This matching ensures that once the bonding material is in place and cured, it looks just like the patient’s natural tooth structure. Dental bonding is applied to the prepared tooth and then shaped into place before curing with a specialized light. Once hardened, Dr. Jennifer Wahlen files down the resin material and polishes it for a finished appearance. Many patients use dental bonding for gaps, breakage, or coverage of permanently stained teeth. Bonding makes it easy to address numerous imperfections of the smile affordably.
What are the benefits of composite bonding?
Using composite resin material for dental bonding has several advantages for our patients:
- A relatively painless and non-invasive procedure
- Requires minimal removal of enamel, preserving the natural tooth structure
- Can be completed in one visit to Wahlen Dentistry
- Provides an affordable alternative to other cosmetic treatments such as veneers or crowns
- Repairs chipped or cracked teeth
- Closes gaps between teeth
- Covers discolorations and permanent staining on teeth
- Improves the shape or size of a tooth
- A versatile dental treatment that can address various cosmetic concerns
- Can provide structural support for weakened teeth by filling in small cavities and reinforcing weak areas
- Customizable in color to blend in with the natural smile
How do I learn more about treatments such as composite resin bonding?
If you are considering same-day solutions to restore and repair teeth and want to learn more about using dental bonding, we encourage you to call the office today to request a consultation visit with Dr. Jennifer Wahlen and the team.
Wahlen Dentistry is located at 2480 South Highway 89 #A and can be reached by calling (435) 246-4602.